[arm-allstar] How to install Screen

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Dec 26 14:47:05 EST 2015

Ron,

  What often happens when trying to load new packages is that the base packages are not up to date. Doing a complete update can break things and would require a dahdi recompile.

In lieu of screen you know you can open as many windows as you want in putty or winscp on a remote system. I generally have 6 or more putty windows open, to different or the same servers.

However if you do want to play I would suggest making a backup of your image to another SD card. One you can boot up and play with and if you break something it is no big deal. You can't hurt anything.

On the backup card when you download a package and it gives you an error try  - pacman -Sy <package-name>
This should work but in some rare occasions could break things.

If you get it working and everything seems to work you can just use that image. You always have a backup (your original) to use if a problem arises.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio