[arm-allstar] Yaesu DR-1X Interface

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Dec 20 01:13:46 EST 2015

Jeff,

 The DR1(x)  needs a lot of TX audio. In the mods I made I used the built-in amplifier in the DMK-URI and had the TX level set to almost max - like 950. That seemed to work OK. If you are already doing that and have very low audio then I guess yours is different for some reason. Also if you are using 5V to power the additional amp you could try running it from the suggested 12V. In that case you would need to use an external voltage to the opamp pin on the DMK-URI. Refer to the DMK web site for schematics and suggestions. Using 12V you should be able to develop more than enough audio.
Let me know what you finally find.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio