[arm-allstar] ARRL news

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Aug 10 18:39:41 EST 2015

Just for the heck of it I tried the script on a BBB  V1.2.1 and it worked fine. The output is the same as I sent earlier from the RPi2. One thing to be noted though is that it took considerably (like 5 time or more) longer to process on the BBB than the RPi2.

[root at Abington-40879 ARRLnews]# ./ARRLplay 22:00
Starting Download of ARRL Audio News @ 19:32:59

--2015-08-10 19:32:59--  http://www.arrl.org/files/file/News/Audio%20News/AAN-2015-08-07.mp3
Resolving www.arrl.org (www.arrl.org)... 184.106.62.251
Connecting to www.arrl.org (www.arrl.org)|184.106.62.251|:80... connected.
Length: 13859819 (13M) [audio/mpeg]
Saving to: â/tmp/news.mp3â

100%[======================================>] 13,859,819  3.54MB/s   in 4.2s

2015-08-10 19:33:04 (3.13 MB/s) - â/tmp/news.mp3â saved [13859819/13859819]

FINISHED --2015-08-10 19:33:04--
Total wall clock time: 5.0s
Downloaded: 1 files, 13M in 4.2s (3.13 MB/s)
Download complete @ 19:33:04
Converting from MP3 to individual ulaw format files
Creating /tmp/news.part1.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part2.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part3.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part4.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part5.wav
Creating /tmp/news.part6.wav
Converting to /tmp/news.part1.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part2.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part3.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part4.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part5.ul
Converting to /tmp/news.part6.ul
Amateur Radio Newsline will start at 22:00 and use localplay mode on
node - 1998  with 5 and 10 minute pre-warnings
Waiting to send 10 minute warning
You obviously have something wrong there. I don't know what it is but I would upgrade to 1.2.1 as a first step.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio