[arm-allstar] Allison on the RPI2

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Aug 8 07:49:30 EST 2015

In my experience when Allison speaks, and sounds distorted, but other
audio isn't, its usually because the soft pot is at or near the end of
its adjustment. So shes "givin it all shes got" to drive the radio.

This can happen even if you are lucky enough to have the test equipment
to set the levels correctly.

If you review the setting in the conf files and see the TX level near
975 or so then maybe you need to enable the "TX boost" in the conf
files. Then do a recal. That should fix it.

The other thing is if you are driving a radio with direct modulation
(bypassing the mic pre-emphasis circuits) then you may need to also set
TXlim=yes too.

Jon VA3RQ