[arm-allstar] OpenVPN Autostart and VPN Provider

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Apr 28 10:57:44 EST 2015

Hi Dave,

Yes, OpenVPN is already installed in BBB and RPi2 in the image files from
the hamvoip.org website....So, from a software prospective you're "ready
to rumble," so to speak. Hihi.

The simplest way to debug OpenVPN is to run it from the command prompt and
look at the info dumped to the screen. To do this, this is the
procedure:

1) Login to your board as user "root"

2) cd /etc/openvpn

3) openvpn --config client.conf

4) Now, you should see various info about the connection in progress. If
   you do NOT see any output, comment out any "log" statements in the
   client.conf config file with a leading '#' symbol, like:
   #log /tmp/openvpn-client.log

5) ....When you want to exit, type: ctrl-c

If you're not able to interpret the output, copy-and-paste into a private
e-mail to me and I'll try to help.

BTW, I added OpenVPN because it's such a useful tool. And, at my day job,
I manage hundreds of VPN tunnels like this to every corner of the Earth.

73, David KB4FXC