[arm-allstar] how to configure allstar server and node details

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Wed Apr 22 22:49:19 EST 2015

Neil,

I should do a page on that but it is really very easy. First of all nothing on that page has anything to do with your LOCAL setup. If you are not connecting it probably has to do with your local setup not what you did at allstarlink.org

For a typical one node system which I am assuming you have you do the following -

Setup a server at Allstarlink.org. This takes all of about 2 minutes. All you have to do is give it a name and location and set the coordinates from the map. Be sure to submit the info.

Remember this is just a server on paper. The real server is your BBB or RPi2.

Then you select the tab at the top to request a node for your server. This should come in a few hours to a day. Yo uwill have to check back to see if it is assigned. You do not get an email about it.

Once the node is assigned you check the node info tab and it will give you a node password. A six digit number.

That is it! You do not change anything else as far as IP addresses, ports, or other settings at allstarlink.org. If you had a second or more servers you would set them up and assign each one a separate port but not for just one server.

Yo can also set the info in the node information window as to frequency, etc. This shows up on the data page. This is optional.

Nothing else on the allstarlink.org page has anything to do with your local nodes operation.

If you have done all that and not changed anything else out there then your problem is local.
All this information is on the web page and in the how-to's.  You routers IP address is the gateway you enter when you do the setup.

If you cannot figure this out and you need more help I could get on the phone with you and maybe work it out.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio