[arm-allstar] AC coupled audio

Jim Korenz n8pxw at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 10:22:27 EST 2015

  Most modern radios use a bridge output amp for the audio. If you ground one side of the speaker, you may have problems. The solution is to use an isolation transformer, or to couple both speaker leads with a capacitor, say 10 uf or so. Put the plus side to the speaker. Then tie one neg cap lead to ground, and use the other as the audio source.
     JimK  N8PXW