[arm-allstar] Installing EZStream on BBB for Broadcastify.com

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sat Oct 25 13:08:32 EST 2014

Thanks Ramon, I will make a note of that for the next release. If this is popular enough we could include it.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2014 13:22:14 -0400
From: kp4tr.ramon at gmail.com
To: arm-allstar at hamvoip.org
Subject: [arm-allstar] Installing EZStream on BBB for Broadcastify.com

    Hello,

    I posted the below message on wrong allstar reflector, but may be
    helpful for anyone wanting to stream audio with Allstar.

    To install EZStream for streaming audio, see below commands.

    cd /root

      pacman -S lame

      pacman -S pkg-config

      pacman -S libshout

      wget http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ezstream/ezstream-0.5.6.tar.gz

      tar xvzf ezstream-0.5.6.tar.gz

      cd ezstream-0.5.6

      ./configure

    If all is good, run:

     make

      make install

    To add streaming audio in Allstar, add this to rpt.conf under the
    node stanza, with an appropriately configured ezstream.xml

    ;Stream to Broadcastify

      outstreamcmd=/bin/sh,-c,/usr/bin/lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s
      8.0 --bitwidth 16 - - | /usr/local/bin/ezstream -c
      /etc/ezstream.xml

Visit the BBB web page - http://www.crompton.com/hamradio/BeagleBoneBlackAllstar/