[arm-allstar] arm-allstar Digest, Vol 6, Issue 36

Christopher Kovacs w0anm73 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:10:08 EST 2014

Here is some additional information regarding these modules DRA-818.  There
is a command called: AT+DMOCONNECT.  Per the programming manual:

Handshake Command
module will send
back response information when it receives this command from the host. If
the host doesn’t
receive any response from module after three times of continuously sending
this command, it
will restart the module.
Format: AT+DMOCONNECT <CR><LF>
Module response: +DMOCONNECT: 0 <CR><LF>

One thing is  that the document does not indicate is that  the settings
will be reset.  This command is useful for checking the module, but the
other commands will need to be resent the the module since this will loose
all the module settings.  When I initially started play with these modules,
because I used the AT+DMOCONNECT command, I thought that the settings would
not be saved.  Once the module is programmed, power can be removed and the
settings will be remembered.

I have a simple Python program that sends down the programming commands and
then you can enter additional commands.  I am working on improving it as
it's very basic.
Let me know if you are interested in this program.  It does require a FDDI
USB/Serial  usb device.  I am using this one:

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9873

Here are other vendors out there, such as Adafruit (
http://www.adafruit.com/product/954),  that have similar items.

73,

Chris, w0anm