[arm-allstar] 12V to 5V DC-DC Converters?

James R. Pilgram jim.pilgram at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 17:30:33 EST 2014

I don't know about that one but I've been using this models since the
first release on my 1/2 dozen BBB's (1 per unit) and never had a blip. I
like the digital displays and the fact that it's output is adjustable
and you can view the input/output voltage or turn the display on and
off. I bought in lots of 5. I also use them when I need a power supply
voltage I don't have in my junkbox. Use them to charge cell phones, run
routers, charge video cameras.. Whatever! They sell the same one without
the display for about $0.99 but I like the display because you can read
the battery that's feeding it. Stay away from the ones with the green
board as the displays are all over the map, although the voltage is stable.

BTW: I did a demonstration of the BBB for the local ham club and used a
7 amp gel cell and this module and it ran the BBB all day and the
battery voltage never dropped below 12 volts. This and a small solar
panel and you're golden for a remote site.

5PCS-LM2596-Step-down-Power-Module-DC-Adjustable-LED-Voltmeter5PCS-LM2596-Step-down-Power-Module-DC-Adjustable-LED-Voltmeter5PCS-LM2596-Step-down-Power-Module-DC-Adjustable-LED-VoltmeterHave
one to sell? Sell nowDetails about  5PCS LM2596 Step-down Power Module
DC Adjustable LED Voltmeter

Jim NH6HI