[arm-allstar] Yet another USB FOB Modification

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sat Nov 15 22:40:18 EST 2014

On 11/15/2014 9:30 PM, Doug Crompton wrote:
> WOW, when you are using a $50 BBB are you going to spend $100 for a
> USB interface??? I think not. The effort to make a $2.50 FOB work is
> well worth it at that cost. The DMK URI is only $70.

When?

1, When you need 8 to 10 Volts of audio like driving a FM modulator
directly (GE M2).
2, When you want the ability to revert to in-cabinet controls when the
BBB blows up.
3, When you need the additional AF filtering because you are driving the
modulator directly.
4, When you have the wrong polarity COS or CTCSS hardware logic and
don't want to hack in a bunch of circuitry to correct for it.
5, When you absolutely don't want the transmitter keyed for days on end
because Asterisk hung and the FOB is stuck in transmit.

That's when...

Kevin - W3KKC