[arm-allstar] BBB power considerations

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Jun 20 09:32:47 EST 2014

Just a note to warn you about possible problems feeding power to the BBB. I have at least one BBB that has an intermittent power connector and periodically reboots. I am not a big fan of barrel connectors for computer operated devices as they often have these kinds of problems. So be sure to check this on your BBB. Options would be to hardwire 5V to the board or use the micro-usb connector to feed power to the BBB. If you are using just the BBB and a DMK URI or other sound FOB feeding power to the the micro-usb connector should work fine.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio