[arm-allstar] XIPAR and the beaglebone?

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Jul 20 21:40:48 EST 2014

Chuck,

 The Acid/XIPAR  differences are numerous. It is a long story but the quick answer is that although given time there will probably be some changes in the BBB code I think it will always be more based on the Acid rather than the XIPAR code. Many things are different enough in the XIPAR code that make it difficult to just use in the Acid release without significant changes.
That being said how are you voting remote inputs without synchronizing them? That was the reason to use the RTCM and the voter code in the Acid release. Every site would have different delays which undoubtedly would screw up a fast voting scheme if they were not sync'ed.

The Black would make a great remote receiver input but I am afraid trying to do more than one input with the present code could lead to problems. However you might find that if all inputs were with the same Internet provider in the same general area that the delay times might be tolerable. You would have to give it a try to find out.

BTW the Blacks are much more available now that they are being made offshore. You can even buy more than one at a time so you should not have a problem finding one.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio