[arm-allstar] GPIO pin release?

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Fri Jul 11 07:53:11 EST 2014

On 7/11/2014 7:39 AM, nx4y at verizon.net wrote:
> Any idea when the GPIO pins will be supported for COS/PTT ? I got a
> node working fine with a DMK USB interface, but it's too big and I
> want to use a generic fob.. but I don't relish slicing my hand open
> again trying to get it open and then soldering too-big parts to
> too-small pads !

Chuck Kelsey - WB2EDV has made some PC Boards that allow any of 3
popular FOB's to be mounted, along with the necessary support
components, to make an inexpensive radio interface.  The StarTech
ICUSBAUDIO, and two different SYBA USB sound device styles were chosen
for Chuck's board, all of which are known to come with leaded C-Media
chips 100% of the time.  I have quickly put a page up this morning to
show some photos of Chuck's board and the three supported sound
devices.  I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures of the board with the
FOB's attached, yet:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/projects/fob/startech-syba-fob.html

If anyone is interested in any of these boards, you may consider
contacting Chuck from the link at the bottom of the referenced page.

Kevin - WJ8G