[arm-allstar] Frustrated by time ???

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Dec 16 13:16:19 EST 2014

Thanks for sharing that Ian. Yes you do need access to an ntp server unless you build up the real time clock.

I will report that my test system with the real time clock (no ntp updates) has kept excellent time. It has gained about 15 seconds in a month of operation. This is however at a fairly constant 72 degree F room temperature. It is certainly better to use ntp if you can.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio