[arm-allstar] Mobile Internet - VPN Considerations?

John wb5nfc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 20:25:51 EST 2014

I think I've managed to muddle through configuration of OpenVPN utilizing
IPVanish. At least curl ipecho.net/plain returns no ip address, whereas
before I would read my external IP.

My BBB is connected to my hotspot through a Linksys WRT54G flashed with
DD-WRT setup as a client bridge. My node appears to be registering with
Allstar and Echolink.

I have never used a VPN in this capacity before. Are there any additional
configuration modifications or operational considerations before I move on
to the RF side of my node?

I have yet to conquer the audio stuttering problems introduced by using the
iax client in MAC with CrossOver or Wine. As some have suggested, I'll be
moving to VMWare Fusion at some point to cure this.

The BBB distro has been rock-solid during my rocky learning process. I know
the next release will be even better. Many thanks to all involved in its
development.

John