[Arm-allstar-irlp] Offline Help?

Pres W tpwaterman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 17:43:16 EST 2018

You are correct, Greg. 4569 (or 8) is not mentioned, it is basic to
Allstar though, and something *I* always get tripped up on. Remember
that outgoing connections (particularly IRLP) also need to "see" an
incoming acknowledgement to consider themselves connected. Blocked
ports will sure ruin that.

Something about "radio-secure" needed checking in my iax.conf so I am
posting mine here for youi to compare.

; WARNING - THIS FILE WAS AUTOMATICALLY CONFIGURED FROM A
; TEMPLATE FILE IN   /usr/local/etc/asterisk_tpl   BY THE
; NODE-CONFIG.SH SCRIPT.
;
; EACH TIME THIS SCRIPT IS RUN, THIS FILE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN.
; IF YOU CHANGE ANYTHING IN THIS FILE AND RUN THE NODE-CONFIG.SH
; SCRIPT, IT WILL BE LOST.
;
; IF YOU INTEND TO USE THE NODE-CONFIG.SH SCRIPT,  THEN YOU SHOULD
; MAKE MODIFICATIONS TO THE ACTUAL TEMPLATE FILES LOCATED IN
; /usr/local/etc/asterisk_tpl directory.
;
; Inter-Asterisk eXchange driver definition
;
; Edit the registration lines below and also passwords for various
; connections.
; : iax.conf_tpl 25 2015-03-19 03:20:38Z w0anm $

[general]
bindport=4569
;bindport=4568
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
disallow=all
allow=g726aal2
allow=ilbc
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
jitterbuffer=yes
forcejitterbuffer=yes
dropcount=2
maxjitterbuffer=4000
maxjitterinterps=10
resyncthreshold=1000
maxexcessbuffer=80
minexcessbuffer=10
jittershrinkrate=1
tos=0x1E
autokill=yes
delayreject=yes
;iaxthreadcount=30
;iaxmaxthreadcount=150

; Uncomment one or both of the following lines and add
; your node number in place of xxxxx
; and your node password in place of yyyyyy

register => 40980:123456 at register.allstarlink.org
;register => 40981:123456 at register.allstarlink.org

[radio-proxy]
type=user
;deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
;permit=0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255
context=radio-secure-proxy
disallow=all
allow=g726aal2
allow=ilbc
transfer=no

[radio-proxy-out]
type=peer
host=
; add your node number as username
username=40980
; add your node password as secret
secret=123456
auth=md5
disallow=all
allow=g726aal2
allow=ilbc
transfer=no

; IAXRPT Example

[iaxrpt]
user=iaxrpt
type=user
context=radio-iaxrpt
auth=md5
; add a password of your selection for secret
secret=abcdef  ; *** Important! Change this!!!
host=dynamic
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm
transfer=no

; Iphone IAX connection

[myiphone]
username=myiphone
type=friend
context=myphone
host=dynamic
auth=md5
; add a passsword of your selection for secret
secret=
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
transfer=no
; add your call or your selection for callerid
callerid=

; example connection to another asterisk PBX

; [pbx]
;type=friend
;username=pbx
;host=192.168.0.2
;;auth=md5
;secret=wa3dsp23
;context=default

; Incoming radio connections

[radio]
type=user
disallow=all
allow=g726aal2
allow=ilbc
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
context=radio-secure
transfer=no

; Incoming phone connections to app_rpt

;[radio-control]
;type=user
;secret=nunya
;disallow=all
;allow=gsm
;allow=ilbc
;codecpriority=host
;context=radio-control
;transfer=no

; Setup for outgoing calls

;[yourprovider] ; This needs to change
;type=peer
;host=127.0.0.1
;secret=nunya
;auth=md5
;disallow=all
;allow=gsm
;transfer=no

[allstar-sys]
type=user
context=allstar-sys
auth=rsa
inkeys=allstar
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

[allstar-public]
type=user
context=allstar-public
auth=md5
secret=allstar
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=gsm

#includeifexists custom/iax.conf
.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 6:13 PM, Greg Hovland <greg at w9iku.net> wrote:
> I do not see 4569 TCP in the documentation, nor do I see any changes of the
> iax.conf file. What am I to do with the iax.conf file? (Perhaps I am looking
> at an old set of instructions...)
>
> Thank you,
> Greg
> W9IKU
>

> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018 at 12:08 AM, Pres W <tpwaterman at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Check your ports. You need 4569 TCP (unless you changed it), your SSH
>> port, and you must add 2074-2093 UDP and 15425-15427 TCP. Sorry if you
>> thought of this already, but (almost) every time I hear "connection failed"
>> after waiting for DNS lookups, that's it. Also check your Allstar
>> environment, your IRLP environment, and your iax.conf (all per the install
>> instructions). I am available for limited-time help Monday and Tuesday. Pres
>> W2PW
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 4, 2018, 12:03 AM Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Greg,
>>>
>>>  I am sure it is something simple. Paul, KN2R could probably help you. He
>>> will probably answer in the morning.
>>>
>>> 73 Doug
>>> WA3DSP