[Arm-allstar-irlp] Experimental Reflectors

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:10:55 EST 2018

I want to add to what Dave is saying -  Apparently there is a possible bug
in the Allstar/IRLP code that requires you to wait when you disconnect from
a node before you connect immediately to another. So if you are use to the
speed of Allstar you may have to be patient when hopping around on IRLP.
The issue presents itself by actually connecting you back to the same node
you were formerly connected to. So if you were connected to reflector 9050
and you disconnected and immediately connected to an experimental reflector
it might say you are connected but really still be connected to 9050. We
are investigating this. The wait is at least 15 seconds.

The reason this plays a role is that maybe some of you who have thought you
were successful in connecting to an experimental reflector but in fact not
really connected. I guess the question should be has anyone actually
connected and used (talked to someone) on an experimental reflector using
the gateway code either the old Acid code or our new code?