[Arm-allstar-irlp] Connection failures

Ronald Foster rf37797 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 06:19:56 EST 2018

Doug and All

It is not my intention to circumnavigate the system and procure an IRLP node without purchasing new hardware.

My original direction was to get the AllStar/IRLP package to work using my old Nano node number during the grace period of it being shipped to the new owner. Since I was unable to do this without problems, I decided to purchase the V3 board and build a new node in an orderly fashion and then move that stn to the AllStar/IRLP node.

I wanted to have a Pi loaded and ready to connect to a V3 board when it arrives. After been told there was no need to purchase new hardware I was investigating to howto’s and why this can be done without new hardware.

Believe me, this cannot be done. There is a process in place to assure the IRLP group that you are in fact, running a node within their guidelines. No node number or key will be issue until they verify the pieces are in place.

I was able to verify this process without revealing my hand by following the new-install procedure and receiving info back from the IRLP group after installing the Debian/IRLP code.

I have since, ordered the V3 board and the pre-configured software as I originally intended to do after selling my Nano.

David Cameron sent me a document requesting the node info he needed to program the software, which I have returned.

I have not mentioned, nor will I mention the AllStar/IRLP configuration to the IRLP group, but at the same time following the IRLP guidelines for a newly installed node.

I will not be the guy that causes problems between IRLP and AllStar. I will build my V3 board node, bring it online and then migrate it to AllStar/IRLP and work to keep everyone happy.

I hope this clears up any concerns about my raising issues with David Cameron.

Thanks

Ron, K0AAJ