[arm-allstar] K tone end of message

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 17:33:23 EST 2024

Hi Alan:

There are a couple of ways you could do this. The easiest goes like this:

On a default HamVoIP image, in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf, under the
[telemetry] stanza for your node ([telemetryxxxxx] where xxxxx is your
node number), look for the line starting with "linkunkeyct="

Most likely, this line is

linkunkeyct=ct8

unless it was changed on your image for some reason.

Now, find the line starting with "ct8="

change ct8= ...

ct8=|iK

then do asterisk -rx "rpt reload" from bash, or rpt reload from Asterisk
CLI.

linkunkeyct is the courtesy tone that plays when a linked user unkeys.
If you want to change the tone you hear when you unkey from your own
node when linked, change the tone associated with remotetx.

I'm not personally a fan of the built-in wobbly Morse generator, so I
typically use something else to generate Morse, save it as an audio
file, then call that instead.

For example:

ct8=/etc/asterisk/local/k

where /etc/asterisk/local/k.wav is a 16-bit linear PCM wave file at 8
kHz. In the example above, don't provide the file extension to rpt.conf.

73

N2DYI