[arm-allstar] Hamvoip as a repeater controller

Danny K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Tue Apr 30 23:47:11 EDT 2024

Jed,

My repeater is on full duplex UHF and made out of a pair of Motorola CDM mobiles and a DB products duplexer. I am using the RIM Lite -RM (Repeater Maker) that plugs right into the back of both CDM radios presenting a single USB connection to the Pi.

As Alan said, it is optionally customizable beyond your imagination if you wish (not required).

For example, I wrote a script to download the ARRL News Fridays at 6pm. It then breaks the file into segments at the periodic 3 second silence intervals. Then, at 8pm it plays the segments in the correct order order, pausing between each, to reset the timeout timer and see if anybody wants to use the repeater.

You can also connect to it directly from a smartphone or a VoIP desk phone... it can get very complex if you choose.

73
Danny, K5CG
HH 550-000-0609
SKCC 14257