[arm-allstar] WIFI won't stay connected

Patrick Perdue borrisinabox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:22:38 EDT 2024

Chris:

I had the same problem with an rPi 3 model B onboard WiFi. Rather than
using a USB dongle, I decided to use a WiFi to Ethernet bridge instead.
Works great, and the operating system has no idea it's on WiFi.

If you do want to disable the onboard WiFi and use a USB dongle, though,
add the following line to your /boot/config.txt:

dtoverlay=disable-wifi

then reboot your Pi.
If the WiFi dongle is supported by the Linux kernel (pretty much
everything is these days), then it is now the hardware interface for
wlan0. If you were to leave the onboard WiFi enabled, then the new
dongle would be wlan1.

HTH.
73
N2DYI