[arm-allstar] News double

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Jun 14 12:49:49 EDT 2023

Hi John,

I suspect some issue in the cron setup is allowing multiple instances of
your playnews (??) script to get launched.  How do you have cron
configured to launch the script?

73, David K4FXC

On Wed, 14 Jun 2023, John Springman via ARM-allstar wrote:

> I've had the news double sometimes. Its not something new but have had it happen sometimes more often than others.
Attached is a clip.  It doubles for about 5 minutes and 30 seconds and then seems to stop doubling.  Anything to check, change etc.?  I have it setup as a cron.  If I am listening when it happens, I log in and reboot it and restart it by DTMF and is fine then.  It has done it with both Newsline and Audio news.

John KB3AWQWQGU515W3AHS