[arm-allstar] Node Connection Status Check

John Hogenmiller john at hogenmiller.net
Thu Jun 1 08:09:58 EDT 2023

I don’t have a cron job, but I do have a startup macro on our hub node.  This goes in /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf

Anytime that asterisk gets restarted, it will connect outbound. And in my experience if the remote node drops, then the hub node will continue trying to re-connect forever.

An alternative would be if the remote nodes connect in - putting the startup there so they’ll try to reconnect as soon as they’re back up.

startup_macro_delay=8           ; wait 8 seconds before connecting
startup_macro = *7….0 *7….1 *7….2  ; Connect 146.790, 53.15, and 224.480 on startup