[arm-allstar] All--Star hardware? I kind of understand the software side of things?

larry larry at n7fm.com
Mon Sep 27 11:51:43 EDT 2021

Vince,

The information you seek will depend on the radio being used.

If you give more details about the existing radio I'm sure someone can
point you to wiring information on how to interface it to your Allstar node.

Undoubtedly you will need a Sound device to interface between computer
and radio.  Depending on your capabilities look at these options.

You can use a Modified USB FOB (cheapest if you solder. Google something
like <https://allstarsetup.com/modify-a-cm108-sound-fob/>

Buy a URIx from <https://dmkeng.com/Products.htm> (Works excellent but
Spendy even with a Ham Discount)

Multiple options from
<http://www.masterscommunications.com/products/radio-adapter/ra-index.html>
(Many choices at prices that will fit most budgets)

Also look at <https://hamvoip.org/#howtos> and scroll down to the
"Commercial Allstar Products" section.

Hope that helps.

Larry - N7FM