[arm-allstar] Asterisk very slow

Alan Bartkowiak n2zvn.ae at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 11:47:50 EDT 2021

I have a new build using hamvoip on a Pi4b with a URIxB.  Also I need to
mention that I am very new to
Allstarlink.
The problem I'm having is:
When asterisk cli is started, I enter a *2 <node#>. The DTMF tones are
decoded as they should and get the ulaw message
that it is being acted on. Looking at the Allstarlink portal shows that I
am connected however there is no audio through my
simplex radio. I do see "hang-up" whenever anyone unkeys from the node that
I am connected to. After about 5 minutes
give or take, I will get the announcement node 53735 connected to node
xxxxx and the audio will now come through. After that
I will get the announcement "53735 timeout" and DTMF tones are no longer
acted upon although they are decoded properly.
I am still shown as being connected to the node and am still getting audio.
The only way to disconnect is to restart Asterisk.
If I enter a *3 <node #> to be in transceiver mode, There is a dead carrier
on the connected node and the only way out of it is to restart asterisk.
Didn't want to tie up the node for 5 minutes to see what happens when
asterisk decides to act.

Thank you in advance for any assistance to resolve this.
Alan Bartkowiak N2ZVN