[arm-allstar] No SSH new install hamvoip

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Mar 10 10:38:05 EST 2021

Hi Travis,

The latest HamVoIP firmware installation package includes a very recent
version of the OpenSSH server.  With this update, many older
encryption/authentication protocols are disabled by default, due to
potential security concerns. The "Algorithm negotiation fail" message
makes me suspect that the Android App you're using doesn't support recent
security methods and needs to be updated.

If an update isn't available or doesn't fix this error, the other
alternative is to re-enable older authentication methods in the HamVoIP
OpenSSH server on the node.  Some instructions which may help are here:

https://thelinuxcluster.com/2016/08/15/algorithm-negotiation-failed-for-ssh-secure-shell-client/

73, David KB4FXC