[arm-allstar] Locally monitor question

Keynon Lannom keynon at lannom.net
Fri Jan 1 22:20:49 EST 2021

Hello,

I often enjoy listening to say the East Coast Reflector using the local monitor option. Typically I am connected in transceive mode to another node via echo link. Hopefully we will be removing EchoLink from the mix soon but still waiting to build one more node. When using the local monitor and someone keys up and has a local conversation the monitor audio is reduced and all is good. However, is someone is attempting to have a conversation with a station on the remote node via echolink and the local monitored node comes alive. The transceive audio and local monitor audio sound to be at the same level. Is it possible to mute or lower the audio on the local monitored connection if audio is coming from the the transceive side? Hope I am clear in my question?

Node connected to EchoLink transceive and to Allstar node in local monitor. Need local monitor audio to be reduced if/when audio is coming from the EchoLink transceive connection.

Thanks,
Keynon - KB5GLC