[arm-allstar] CW ID Timing

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Feb 23 15:55:36 EST 2021

Hi Chris,

I agree with you that the CW quality generated directly by any flavor of
AllStar is "marginal."

For high quality CW, you can make individual high quality sound
files using the tomorse program, included in the HamVoIP distro.

For example:

echo "DE KB4FXC RPT" | tomorse -c 24 -s 20 > kb4fxc-rpt.wav
sox -v 0.25 kb4fxc-rpt.wav -c 1 -r 8000  kb4fxc-rpt-8kpcm.wav

73, David KB4FXC