[arm-allstar] PI GPIO's

Darrell Black gigahacker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 06:34:33 EDT 2021

Steve kits4hams has a new sound card (not on website yet) named PAUL. Kevin has the DRA interfaces that will do the same. They Are external devices about the size of a lighter that can interface with repeaters. That said, i have built a few allstar repeaters and I would not want one PI running two of them. PI are cheap, use many and network them together. You can then VNC into one and putty into the one next to it when it locks up or you need to reboot it. Also start thinking about a wifi power switch to reboot each one remotely if needed.

There is also a card rack PI holder for MTR-2000 repeaters if that is what you are looking to interface to. If you can find one.

Follow the repeater builders forum. They have a lot more interfaces and ideas for repeaters with allstar or Pi-star for multimode stuff.

Darrell - 73 de W8DSB

"In God we trust, all others we monitor"