[arm-allstar] Link Activity Timer Not Always Working

Larry Aycock N6LKA at outlook.com
Thu Oct 22 19:18:18 EDT 2020

Hi David,

No, this problem has been occurring for a while now but has been happening more frequently within the last week or so.  Before, it would only do it on my dad's node very rarely.  Now, my friend's repeater is also doing it, and the frequency of the two disconnecting and not reconnecting has significantly increased.  I moved the hub node to a cloud server this morning for various reasons, one of which was to eliminate the possibility that it might be something wrong with my repeater node.  However, after setting up the cloud hub, one of the other nodes has already disconnected and didn't reconnect, indicating the problem still exists and wasn't an issue with my repeater node.

I had to use ASL for the cloud node since I don't think I can install HamVoip on a virtual server.  However, the other three nodes (my repeater, friend's repeater, and my dad's node) are all running the latest version of HamVOIP.  I'm not sure what dual-registration is, so I can't answer that question.

73,
Larry Aycock
N6LKA