[arm-allstar] Backup google drive

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Oct 10 15:02:05 EDT 2020

Hi Aaron,

HamVoIP did have a support package for interfacing with Google Drive
infrastructure. However, the API that it used was deprecated and then
unsupported by Google in 2018.  I read that Google updated this service
and provided some new applications, however, in 2019 I understand this
changed again---perhaps ultimately moving toward a pay-for-use model.

So, the answer is that currently Google Drive isn't supported by a HamVoIP
package, since it has been a moving target, with uncertain future.  There
was a package (hamvoip-gdrive) that directly provided support, but that
capability was removed, since it was broken for the bulk of users.

If anyone knows of a consistent reliable, freely distributable, way to
access Google Drive resources, I'll entertain releasing an updated support
package.

73, David KB4FXC