[arm-allstar] I can not reach my node via WAN

am_fm_radio at yahoo.com am_fm_radio at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 9 21:15:45 EDT 2020

You are using a cellphone connection and are Double NATed...
Let me explain it like this:
You're local network usually is 192.168.1.1 and your WAN IP is supplied to you. Your router has 4-8 ports but can handle 64-128 or more connections, but no one does that. You assign an IP address and you can have multiple devices on a single IP address..
Your ISP... assigns an IP address It can be Static or Dynamic-- leased- meaning it changes every so often to disallow
 you running a server at home and registering your domain.
Let say your WAN address is 55.99.35.16.... your next door neighbor may be 55.99.32.233your ISP has bought a block of IP addresses... 55.99.X.X and that gives them 255X255 addresses they can issue..Certain numbers are assigned to certain countries, certain states and there is a scheme to it all..
IPV4 is running out of numbers.IPV4 is 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255.. So we reassign Local IP addresses.
Well. The "big boys" expecially in the CELLPHONE industry...The DEATH STAR LOGO Company and -VIZBANG . I hid their names to protect the guilty.
They run their own networks... and as a FYI... Each Cellphone tower.. can handle 600+ simultaneous phone calls,
except it isn't analog, it's digital, just like internet digital. VOIP -Voice over internet Protocol. . So
Each Cellphone tower has a router with 600+ Lan "IP ADDRESSES" and assigns them  All the phones -hot spots, pagers anything that they see within their cell and they come and go as they do. That cellphone tower has a single, maybe 2-4 IP addresses in their private network. Many times fiber or microwave..That goes to a regional data center and that goes to a main data center.
has a you'd think of it as a WAN, but it's just part of their "network".. Each Cellphone tower has a "IP address"...and they administer it somewhere under their "umbrella". where they perform their magic and then it breaks into the "internet ether"..
So when you look at your routers WAN IP address your looking at the address the cell phone tower has assigned you..When you get the internet you are behind the Cellphone firewall, and then like I am  withThe Death Star logo before you reach Internet freedom.
So setting ports UDP and port forwarding will get you to the cellphone tower BUT there is no port forwarding beyond that. So you can't get port forwarding all the way to the "real" internet.

As an example I'm in the middle of Kansas. but those Web sites that tell me where my local Lumber yard is; Tells me I am in Cicero, Ill..and wants me to shop at their store there. It's because my "signal" hits the real internet in Chicago.. In the mean time I'm flying private networking with the Death Star. Then someone wants me to pay for VPN? My IP address is hidden and they have me in Chicago. I get ADS for cutting Taxes in Illinois. Not Kansas. Not that they don't need to cut taxes too..

If you want to have people connect to you, you need to place a ALLSTAR radioless Node  at a IP that allows port forwarding. Then you connect to it, and any of your buddies connect to it, and they get you. but the extra hop is hidden. I'm sure they are other work arounds.