[arm-allstar] SIP Phone To Node

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Nov 28 00:35:24 EST 2020

Steve,

I recommend interfacing the SIP phone to FreePBX and then interfacing
FreePBX to AllStar via IAX2.

I don't have exact instructions on setting this up, but, it's very simple
to do.

I mainly use this config for reverse-autopatch connectivity to club
repeaters and this capability gets used regularly here---several times a
week.

>From the PSTN, I use voip.ms coming into FreePBX. Once a user connects
into the proper DID, they get a simple IVR with PIN authentication. If
they enter a valid PIN, they fall into a second IVR menu and can then
enter an AllStar node number to reach the desired repeater.

The same IVR functionality works for local FreePBX extensions, too, of
course. I mainly use Cisco 79xx phones.

There is also a standard autopatch capability, which can be initiated from
a repeater user to access the PSTN....But, in practice, this capability is
virtually never used these days----pretty much the only time it gets used
is testing that it still works!

Is this basically what you're wanting to do?

73, David KB4FXC