[arm-allstar] Node Number Change

Kerry McKenzie kermck at gmail.com
Sat May 23 04:28:43 EDT 2020

Greetings all from oz
I am currently building another node for a western region about 100 miles
from here and went to register another node number.
However there is a restriction on node numbers now of 2 per person so I
have registered with what is called NNX which will change your original
node number and then enable you to have as many sequential numbers up to 10.
Not wanting to change our link node to the repeater instead I chose my
portable node that I use for clubs events. It has been bullet proof and we
deploy if regularly and is working well till now.
The original node number was 49805 and it has now been changed to 498050

So I fired up simple usb and selected 3 from the drop down list and changed
the primary node number, then restarted the system.
Many hours later I gave up in disgust  and changed back my portable back to
the original node number. I deleted the NNX nodes and luckily got my old
node number back, as I thought I had lost  it.
Im going to borrow a callsign and get a new node number as at least I know
this will work and solve the problem.
I thought I would share this before others waste hours going down the same
path as I did.

regards Kerry