[arm-allstar] Non RaspberryPi Version

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:36:03 EDT 2020

The short answer is no, not at this time. The longer answer is why would
you want to do that? I can see where it would be necessary for a virtual
server but why on a local PC? The Pi and in particular the Pi4 has  more
capability than you would ever need. We have now put as many as 200 direct
connects on a Pi4 in turbo mode load balanced across 4 virtual nodes. At
this point there is really nothing the PC would do that the Pi would not so
why would you want to run a 50+ watt PC when you could run a less than 5W
Pi? I understand you have a 10 year old PC and you want to use it for
something, Instead send it to the recycle and buy a Pi for $35

Another aspect of a PC version that is often not thought about is the
multitude of hardware it would be used with and the update process that
would be outside of our control. Tis would cause a complete headache trying
to keep up with changes. You can see this problem now in the ASL releases.

For the virtual market we are now offering Pi4's setup and configured at
our data center for lease. Enquire if you are interested.