[arm-allstar] Email from Allstar Folks

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu May 14 21:07:08 EDT 2020

Hi George,

No, the ASL system changes won't impact the HamVoIP registration system.

....I'm confused since node 50640 isn't one of your nodes, I don't
think????

Whatever the case, since you got an e-mail from Tim, take a look at your
node configuration in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf file. Based on the e-mail you
got, the ASL registration statement needs to be updated to use the URL:

register.allstarlink.org

Don't change the HamVoIP registration statement, only the ASL statement,
if the ASL statement is wrong.

73, David KB4FXC

On Thu, 14 May 2020, "George via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> Just received the message below from Allstar. Is their any impact to those on Hamvoip? Thanks, George, NJ3H

Msg follows:
This is Tim, WD6AWP one of the AllStarLink admins.

We are going to decommission the old AllStar server. More on that later. For now, you need to make a simple change to one configuration file. On your node, please change the register line in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf to read:
register = 50640:pppppp at register.allstarlink.org    ;where pppppp is your node's password
Please make this change asap. Once we decommission the old server your node will no longer be able connect to other nodes on the AllStar network unless you make the change. For more information please visit http://community.allstarlink.org (prefered) or reply to this email.
73
Tim WD6AWP

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android