[arm-allstar] Received variable - and automation delay

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue May 5 14:56:01 EDT 2020

David,

 This really would not have anything directly to do with cron but rather
would be applied to a script the cron called.  The fact that the TX has
been keyed is known by the RPT_TXKEYED variable. This variable can be used
in an event in Asterisk to call a script. This is what might be used to
control a fan and in fact the same principle would be used for a delay time.

Here is an example that would get you started.  You add the events to
rpt.conf and then run this script in the background adding the event to
call after the delay.  You could have multiple of these scripts running.
They could be started manually or in rc.local. Also keep in mind that the
telemetry system in Allstar while better than most controllers is limited
in some ways that might make this system not work the way intended. This is
on our list of things to improve.

# Add the following two lines to rpt.conf
# in the [events] section uncomment them
# remove the #   Do NOT uncomment
# here in this script.

# touch /tmp/RPT_TXXKEYED = s|t|RPT_TXKEYED
# rm -f /tmp/RPT_TXKEYED = s|f|RPT_TXKEYED

# TX Key file check
TXKEYED="/tmp/TXKEYED"

# delay at unkey
# This is in seconds or with 'm' for minutes
delay="1m"

function Delay {
while [ -e $TXKEYED ]
do
   sleep 1
done
sleep $delay

}

while :
do
if [ -e  $TXKEYED ]
  then
    echo "TX"
    Delay
    run_once=0
  else
    echo "NO TX"
    if [ run_once == 0 ]
      then
          # call operations to execute after delay here
          run_once=1
    fi
fi
sleep 1