[arm-allstar] SIP Attack in logs

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Mar 26 17:39:30 EDT 2020

Hi Mike,

I guess you're using chan_sip for some type of connectivity (like
an autopatch?)?  If you're not using it, I recommend disabling this
module (set "noload=chan_sip.so" in /etc/asterisk/modules.conf).

If you are using chan_sip, if it's for autopatch service, you can probably
add an iptables rule that only allows traffic to/from the SIP provider.

The stream of Internet attacks is constant these days. As with any
application server, your HamVoIP OR ASL system shouldn't really be exposed
directly to the Internet without some type of filtering.

73, David KB4FXC