[arm-allstar] Is port forwarding required?

Mike Sullivan kn4imu at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 23:37:52 EDT 2020

Doug, some providers won’t even allow outbound for the reason below.. I ran
into that with a hotspot using Unreal Mobile (running on GSM) When it
registered with ASL and Hamvoip, it was registering a random IP and port.
When you would try to connect out, the connection was rejected. Upon
checking the log in Supermon, the IP connecting was not the same as the one
registered. I don’t think this happens with the big name companies, but I’m
not sure if their prepaid services may do the same thing.

Mike