[arm-allstar] Vote or not to vote

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Jun 10 21:19:01 EDT 2020

Hi Darrell,

Voting systems can be very useful, particularly when trying to hear
weak/distant HT's. HamVoIP doesn't currently include a software-only
voting solution, thought many users have great success with RTCM devices.

However, I'm curious: why is your TX footprint so much larger than RX?
What are the basic specs of your repeater--such as type of antenna,
height, feedline, type of repeater and are you using a duplexer?

I've almost always found that my repeaters "hear" farther than they talk,
even at moderate TX power.

73, David KB4FXC