[arm-allstar] Tx/Rx Timeout Revisited

kg5rdf kg5rdf at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 10:48:41 EDT 2020

David,Wow that is great!! It will alleviate our long chain link repeater system issues. Sending mail.Thanks Again for all you do!!David KG5RDF
-------- Original message --------From: David McGough <kb4fxc at inttek.net> Date: 6/1/20  5:19 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: kg5rdf via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: kg5rdf <kg5rdf at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Tx/Rx Timeout Revisited Hi David,Okay, you asked for it!This feature has been in the To-Do queue for a while, with some test codealready in recent alpha releases.  I went ahead and completed this code,so that it exposes both TX and RX/COS timeouts to the rpt eventsmechanism, from which you can run scripts, etc.  I've tested it fairlywell and it seems to work, so I moved the package to the beta repository.We'll do a little more testing some production systems, before fullrelease.If you would like to try this code now, send me a direct e-mail, and I'll explain how to install (it's easy) and how to use the features. And, maybe give me some feedback as to whether it solves your problems....73, David KB4FXCOn Sun, 31 May 2020, "kg5rdf via ARM-allstar" wrote:> Using Allstar for repeater controllers, I having issues not having down time after timeout. I looked through everything but it hard coded. Is it possible for tx/rx timeout not to call ulaw, but rather call a script? With 24 repeaters in the system, its possible for a failure to dead key the system. Non allstar controllers got this handled with down time. Thanks David KG5RDF_______________________________________________ARM-allstar mailing listARM-allstar at hamvoip.orghttp://lists.hamvoip.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/arm-allstarVisit the BBB and RPi2/3/4 web page - http://hamvoip.org