[arm-allstar] Broadcastify howto link broken

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun Jul 12 17:45:01 EDT 2020

Hi Richard,

Okay I fixed the links and they're now correct on the hamvoip.org webpage.
Here are direct links:

https://hamvoip.org/howto/howto-broadcast-your-allstar-node.pdf
https://hamvoip.org/howto/nptee_howto.pdf

Note that updated documentation is in the works, the current documents are
outdated.  Also, the mechanism I recommend for running lame and ezstream
is via the "screen" program. You will need to install the "screen"
package, if you haven't already:

pacman -Sy screen

Then, I add a non-root user to run ezstream:

useradd -M -d /tmp streamer

Once nptee is setup per the howto as an app_rpt outstreamcmd, run
lame/ezstream with a command like:

screen -dmS broadcastify  su -c - streamer 'lame --preset cbr 16 -r -m m -s 8 --scale 1.1 --bitwidth 16 /tmp/outsound/pipe1 - 2>/tmp/stream.status | ezstream -qvc /etc/asterisk/ezstream.xml'

Updated documentation is coming.

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 12 Jul 2020, "Richard Harkins via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> Link in the HowTo section for setting up Broadcastify is 404. I need the
info on converting to nptee.

Also tried to search the mailing list at
https://hamvoip.org/hamvoip-search.php and that is also 404. That broken
link is located in the 'Final Comments' section of the homepage.

Thanks!
Rick WØYGH