[arm-allstar] WiFi

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 18:42:24 EST 2020

Jerry,

 IP's are assigned by the router via DHCP so there is no guarantee you will
get the same IP if you go off-line and then back on-line later. If you want
the same IP each time you have two choices. Set up a static IP on your
server or go into your router and make the assigned IP permanent or
reserved. Most all routers have that capability. I prefer doing it that
way. Then that Pi no matter what SW is on it will always come up as the
same address on that router when using WIFI. The router reads the boards
machine address and then assigns the same IP address each time.