[arm-allstar] Weather script updates are out

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 11:38:28 EST 2020

Darrell,

   The weather scripts always allowed zip, airport or personal wunderground
weather station reports. The update was because wundergrounds web presence
was taken over by IBM in the last year. They completely changed the way raw
data from the stations was presented changing from an xml to a json format.
So the two weather scripts no longer worked for wunderground reports. The
update fixed that. If you are using zip or airport codes there is no change
but you do again have the ability to access wunderground weather stations
if you desire.

It has also been confirmed since my last message that apparently anyone can
get an api key regardless of whether you have a real physical station or
not. You just have to sign up at the web site and setup a fake station and
get the api key. I am not sure this will always work but it appears to for
now.