[arm-allstar] Audio problem

KY220GROUP@GMAIL.COM ky220group at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 16:15:02 EST 2020

I am running the latest HamVoip release on a RPI3 with a RB-RIM. I have been changing some of my audio files to a different voice that I've found online. It has been working great for a couple of weeks so I decided to change my wx_header.gsm to the new voice. I am recording  the .wav file to audacity, mono, sample rate 8000Hz, sample format 16 bit, sample rate converter=Best Quality, High Quality conversion= High quality. Then using winSCP to transfer the file to my node. I then ssh to my server and use the following command to convert it to either a .gsm or .ul , whichever I need. sox -V wx_header.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -t ul wx_header.gsm The wx_header.gsm sounds like it is skipping with only a millisecond of audio every 2-3 seconds.(attached sample if not stripped) I can play the same file as a .wav or .ul and they sound good but the .gsm is messed up. I have made other .gsm files over the last week and they work fine and sound good. Now all new GSM files that I create sound the same way as wx_header. If I play the wx_condition.sh KI35 47293 the header and weather sound the same, skipping all the way through. I am thinking it may be a rate error but can't figure out where to start looking  Any suggestions as always more than appreciated.

73
Tim Webb - KK4WH
https://www.qrz.com/db/KK4WHwww.facebook.com/kentucky220