[arm-allstar] cdm1250 and hamvoip question

Randy Neals randy at neals.ca
Thu Feb 13 23:35:57 EST 2020

I've used a CDM750 and CDM1250 with good success as a simplex node.
If you have the 45 Watt radio, the lowest power setting is 20 watts, and
even at that power level a CDM will get hot.
(The 25 Watts model has the capability to go to lower power levels, and has
about the same size heat sink, so I prefer to find 25 Watt models)

Do you have a time-out-timer programmed in the CDM? Is it possible that the
PTT has been asserted long enough that the CDM's timed out when it is in
this unresponsive mode that you are reporting?
Do you have a hang time? (If it's simplex, you shouldn't)

Randy
W3RWN
Seattle, WA