[arm-allstar] hamvoip as a repeater controller

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 10:22:22 EDT 2020

Jed,

 Hamvoip makes an excellent controller. It has some things that are lacking
compared to the commercial products but nothing you cannot work around. On
the other hand Hamvoip has many features and ease of operation that some of
the controllers do not possess. I just brought up a new Kenwood 2 meter
repeater with Hamvoip and it works extremely well. I documented the
controller I built in the howto section at hamvoip.org. While you can build
a controller with just the Pi and a FOB you may want to have other I/O. In
the example I build I added analog input for temperature and voltage
measurements, GPIO with buffering, and relay control. It is mounted in a
19" rack chassis. I know you can't see it but maybe the text would be
helpful.

Basically all of what you asked is possible. Some would require a simple
script and others just configuration parameters. One thing that is very
easy to do is present voice messages and other timing related things via
cron jobs. The bottom line is there are many using the SW as repeater
controllers so any questions you may have can certainly be answered here.

*73 Doug, WA3DSP*
*http://wa3dsp.org <http://wa3dsp.org>*