[arm-allstar] Cannot create temp file for here-document; No space left on device

Michael Champion mikec at n7uic.com
Sun Apr 5 11:17:03 EDT 2020

OK that makes sense.

-Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: ARM-allstar <arm-allstar-bounces at hamvoip.org> On Behalf Of "Doug Crompton via ARM-allstar"
Sent: Sunday, April 5, 2020 10:03 AM
To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>
Cc: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Cannot create temp file for here-document; No space left on device

We do not recommend expanding the SD card. If you need more space install a usb stick. If you expand the SD card it makes it difficult to back it up as you would need to backup the entire card not just the 4G partition. Treat the SD card as basically a read device. It is all right to write to it but not repetitively.  If at any time the tmp file space becomes full just reboot and it will clear. Also it would be a good idea to use scripts to control the size of files (mainly logs) written to ram.

*73 Doug, WA3DSP*
*http://wa3dsp.org <http://wa3dsp.org>*