[arm-allstar] Duplex setting

John Simmons jasimmons at pinewooddata.com
Wed Sep 18 15:42:05 EDT 2019

Help, I'm lost! I know that the 'duplex' setting has been covered many
times but I can't seem to get my system to work.

What I have:
Node 1998: a UHF simplex transceiver for rf link to another repeater
Node 50191: VHF repeater transmitter
Node 1999: VHF repeater receiver

No matter what permutation of the duplex setting I either get TX-RX
ping-pong or no telemetry or hang time. Obviously I need zero hangtime
on the link radio. I also want to have Allstar and Echolink on the VHF
repeater.

I understand duplex=0 provides zero hang time and no telemetry and that
duplex=>0 provides both; however if I set them that way on any node then
I get the ping-pong. Do I need to use rxondelay? If so where does it go
in rpt.conf?

-de John NI0K